Data collection declaration
For statistical data collection purposes, the sosec.org employs the web analytics tool Matomo (formerly Piwik). The following instructions and settings are relevant for all websites utilising the central Matomo server. A notice to this effect is included in the imprint of the concerned website.
Options to object
You have the following independent options to object to the collection of data by Matomo:
- Activate your browser’s Do-Not-Track setting. As long as this setting is active, our central Matomo server will not store any data about you. Note: As a rule, the Do-Not-Track setting is only valid for the specific computer and the specific browser in which you activate this setting. Should you use more than one computer or browser, please make sure to activate the Do-Not-Track setting on all of them separately.
- You can also use our Opt-Out function. Therefore, please tick the box below to stop the collection of data or to activate it again. As long as the box is deactivated, our central Matomo server will not store any data about you. Note: For the Opt-Out function we need to save a special recognition cookie to your browser. If you delete this cookie or use another computer / browser, please make sure to object to the collection of data again on this website.
Data collected by Matomo
Insofar as you have not objected, the following data are being recorded by our Matomo server and included in the usage statistics.
- IP address, shortened for anonymity
- A cookie to distinguish different visitors
- The previously visited URL (referrer), insofar as it has been transmitted by your browser
- Name and version of your operating system
- Name, version and language settings of your browser
- URLs visited in this website
- Time stamps of visits
- Types of HTML requests
- Screen resolution and colour depth
- Technical processes and formats supported by your browser (e.g. cookies, Java, Flash, PDF, WindowsMedia, QuickTime, RealPlayer, Director, SilverLight, Google Gears)
Application Log Files
For technical reasons, our servers and applications save personal details upon your visit to our websites in their log files. However, these data are only used for the immediate provision of our services, for troubleshooting purposes or for attack prevention and will be deleted automatically after a short period of time.
The following data are saved temporarily:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of your website visit
- The address of the website visited
- The address of the previously visited website (referrer)
- Name and version of your browser / operating system (insofar as it has been transmitted by your browser)
- Your E-mail address (e.g. when using the contact form)